Do I need a passport?

Since this is a closed-loop sailing (starts and ends at the same US port), US Citizens do not require a passport. A driver's license together with a state issued birth certificate (original or certified copy) is sufficient. Passports are recommended for expedited check-in and US Customs processing and in the event that you need to fly back to the U.S unexpectedly. 

United States Citizens:

You will require a valid proof of citizenship, this could be either:

  • A Passport (recommended)
  • -OR-
  • An ORIGINAL copy of your birth certificate AND a government issued photo ID

United States Permanent Residents:

You MUST have the following travel documentation:

  • United States Permanent Resident Card AND passport from your home country.

All Other Nationalities:

You MUST have the following travel documentation:

  • Passport from your home country AND multiple entry United States visa (if applicable).

If you have any specific questions about your situation, or if you are not a US Citizen, please call US Customs and Border Protection at 877-CBP-5511 to be sure your identification is satisfactory. Neither Ignite nor Royal Caribbean are able to verify whether your documents will be acceptable for boarding by US Customs and Immigration, and are not responsible for denied boarding due to incorrect documentation. Please do not call us to verify your documents. If you have doubts, please call US Customs and Border Protection directly at 877-CBP-5511

Please view the latest information from the cruise line at:

For more details, to apply for a passport and other country requirements, please visit

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 liked this article

Still need help? Message Us