When you book your cruise, you’ll get to choose between traditional dining and My Time Dining (subject to availability). Traditional dining allows you to select either early seating or the late seating. Your table and dinner assignment will be printed on the front of your SeaPass® card. If you forget to submit a request to have your group sit together, you can speak with the Maître D’ in front of the main dining room on the first day of the cruise to try to reserve a table for your entire party.
Traditional Dining allows you the choice of either early (6:00pm) or late seating (8:30pm) times for each day of your cruise. In traditional dining, you are assigned the same table to dine at for each evening of your cruise and you will have the same dining time, table mates, and wait staff for each evening of the cruse.
The advantages of traditional dining are:
- Simple planning: Same time each night for dinner - nothing to plan ahead
- Personalized waiter service: Since you will have the same wait staff each evening, they will make an effort to get to know your habits.
- Great for larger groups.
- Entertainment is often scheduled around traditional dinner times.
How to reserve a Traditional Dining Table for your group:
Guests in the same stateroom will always be seated at the same table - no table request is needed. For groups (guests from different staterooms), you may request to sit together at the same table ahead of time. Once your entire group is booked on the cruise, please use our TRADITIONAL DINING TABLE REQUEST form to request a table for the group.
IMPORTANT: The last day to submit table requests for traditional dining is 40 days prior to the cruise. Please submit any requests using the form above as soon as possible.
My Time Dining allows you to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis. You can choose a different time each day, so you can fit dinner around the rest of your onshore and onboard plans. You can simply show up to dinner and you will be seated with your group after a short wait. Although reservations are not required, they are recommended to avoid the wait. You can easily pre-reserve specific days and times online. Seating can also be reserved while onboard. A maximum of 10 guests per reservation.
The advantages of My Time Dining are:
- Greater choice of dining times: My Time Dinner is available each evening between the hours of 6:00 and 9:30 p.m.
- Great for scheduling around nightly plans.
- Getting a table is simple for smaller groups.
- No reservations are needed! Just show up with your group and be seated after a short wait.
GROUPS: Groups can make daily reservations through the Cruise Planner before the cruise, or through the Royal Caribbean app once on-board. You will be able to link up different staterooms when making reservations as long as the other staterooms have My Time Dining.
How to make My Time Dining Reservations:
You can make reservations before your cruise through Royal Caribbean's Cruise Planner. Follow these steps:
- If this is your first cruise on Royal Caribbean, create an account here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/create
If you've sailed with Royal Caribbean before, login to your account: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/signin
- Once logged on, if you do not see your reservation, search for your reservation by clicking on "Link a missing cruise."
- Enter your LAST NAME and your ROYAL CARIBBEAN RESERVATION # which can be found in your email confirmation from us.
IMPORTANT: When searching for your reservation, you must use the Royal Caribbean Reservation # that was sent in your Ignite Confirmation Email (DO NOT use the Ignite Cruises Reservation #)
- Once your reservation is added, access the Cruise Planner by clicking on Plan My Cruise
- Once on the Cruise Planner page, select "Dining" on the top menu
- Scroll down and select "My Time Dining - Complimentary"
Your final dining details will be printed on your Sea Pass card. Once on-board, if you need to change your assigned time or table, or would like to make any requests for dinner, just ask the Maitre’D (host) at the hospitality desk located in front of the dining room on embarkation day and they’ll gladly assist you.